This vanilla cake recipe is delicious, dense & moist cake that I simply can’t refuse anyway anytime. It is my all-time favourite and no-fail recipe.
You will see here a super simple and easy to follow recipe which will leave you with a super moist and soft sponge.
You can have it plain or ice it with whipped cream and turn it into a layered cake filled with cream.
It’s one bowl versatile recipe which can be converted into different flavours by adding essence of your choice to it or you might even add dried fruits and nuts of your choice to have it as a tea time cake.
Recipe For Eggless Vanilla Sponge Cake
- 125 grams Maida
- 60 grams unsalted butter
- 200 grams condensed milk
- 25 grams Sugar
- 2.5 grams Baking powder
- 1.5 grams Baking soda
- 100 ml drinking soda – Kinley/Sprite or Milk
- Prepare the required cake tin by greasing, dusting and lining the pan with parchment paper.
- Cream butter and sugar together till light and fluffy
- Add condensed milk and vanilla essence.
- Sieve the flour with baking powder and baking soda & fold in with the creamed mix.
- Add drinking soda little by little and mix evenly.
- Pour the batter on the greased pan and level it and tap it on the counter top to remove the air bubbles
- Bake at 180 degrees for 25- 30 minutes in preheated oven or until done and is firm when you touch the centre
Few pointers to be kept in mind while baking this recipe – Always take all the ingredients at room temperature and measure all the ingredients as per the recipe instructions as cooking is art but baking is science.
Do share the photos of your finished product with us by tagging us on your social media handles.
If you would like to see other tutorials, check us out:
Previous blog: http://cakeomania.in/healthy-wheat-flour-brownie/